Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Prayer Journal

People that meditate describe a condition called "monkey brain" where the mind keeps interrupting their attempts to meditate with random thoughts. I have experienced "monkey brain" while trying to pray. Suddenly I'll find that my conversation with God has been interrupted by thoughts of work I need to do or a problem I'm dealing with.

I have found that I am able to stay focused while praying if I write my prayers down as I say them. A prayer journal lets me look back at earlier prayers and thank God for his answers. It also helps me avoid treating God like Santa Claus. "Dear God please give me...". I can see if I am giving God the glory.

A prayer journal would be a wonderful gift for Christmas. Attach a note explaining it's use and write a prayer in it for the recipient.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment