Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Pam

After all of my big talk about being ready to scale down our Christmas preparations if faced with an emergency, don't you know it happened to me.  I was heading out to run errands and was driving my mother's van.  A very nice young man back ended me while I was stopped at a red light.  I sent a prayer of thanks to the Lord and we made a police report.

So, I had to slow down for the rest of the day and put some lower priority tasks on a back burner.  These things happen, perhaps to slow us down and make us thoughtful; we can only face these situations with prayer and preparation.

How do you prepare for a car accident?  How do you make it any easier?  Buy a small plastic folder that will fit easily into your glove compartment.  In the very front of the folder put your insurance card, registration and a copy of your drivers license (in case you forget your purse like I did today).  In the back of the folder put emergency contact information for anyone you would want to have called to care for your children should you be injured.  Also, include medical histories, including medications, of people that routinely ride in the car.  The paramedics and emergency room will need this information.

Keep your car well maintained (are those brakes squeaking?), your information handy and a positive, kindly attitude; you will make in through just fine.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment