Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Frugal Living: Kitchen Sponge

Now that dinner is cooking and I have a minute, I thought I'd share a quick tip to make your kitchen sponge last longer and be more sanitary. Every evening after the dishes have been washed just throw your wet sponge (never a dry one) into the microwave on high for a minute. You can also disinfect your sponge by putting it through a cycle in your dishwasher. But I haven't had a dishwasher for 27 years, so it's the microwave for me.

Your sponges won't get that sour smell caused by bacteria and will actually stay fresh long enough to wear out. May save just pennies, but every cent counts.

God bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment