Thursday, May 12, 2011

Couponers: Don't Clear The Shelves

Well, I watched Extreme Couponing last night and once again I saw two women upending displays to take all of the product the store had.  Maybe the show should be titled Extreme Bad Manners or Extreme Selfishness.

If you do get to attend one of the excellent seminars offered by True Couponing or Southern Savers one of the first things you will hear is how uncool and unGodly it is to clear a store's shelves of the sales items.  If you do want to buy a large quantity of an item call the store to pre-order.

As I have said before, it is up to us to use our couponing skills to be frugal keepers of our homes and to benefit others that are less fortunate than us.  We want to portray our religion in a good light by demonstrating good behavior.  I would be mortified to hear someone say, "Look at that Mennonite.  She took all of the pasta and didn't leave any for others".  Live the Word!

God bless,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. So true! I like the idea of saving money, but all the extreme stockpiling is ridiculous, and leaving none for others is very selfish. I am fascinated by your blog and will be "tuning in" regularly.

    ReplyDelete