Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Reads: Mama Makes Up Her Mind

Whenever I am down and I need a good laugh, I go to my bookcase and pull down "Mama Makes Up Her Mind" by Bailey White.  You might be familiar with Miss White's monologues on NPR.  She is a southern lady, cared for her elderly mother and is an elementary school teacher.  She also has an amazing sense of humor.

"Mama...." is a set of short stories, so it is easy to pick it up, read a story, laugh a bit and get on with your day.  I always fill lighted hearted afterwards.

This book revolves around Miss White's experiences living with her eccentric elderly mother.  I think I identify so strongly with her since I care for my elderly mother who lives in assisted living.  Somedays you have to laugh or you will cry.

A light, fun read that makes you think a bit about life.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment