Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good Reads: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

This has been one of those weeks when my ideas for frugal tips have dried up.  A sort of frugal writer's block.  So, I have decided to share a great book that I recently read:  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.


This story of the Nazi occupation of the Isle of Guernsey and recover after WWII is told through the characters letters to one another.  It is filled with humanity, inhumanity, survival and humor.

The characters are every day people that show resilience and strength.  At the end of the book a love story unfolds in a charming way.

Isn't it nice to read a well written, interesting book without being regaled with foul language and overt sex?  This is the book for anyone that wants to enjoy good literature without the shock value.

God bless,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Loved this book. I was reading it on the subway and realized tears were streaming down my face, the story so moved me. A very blog-worthy book. One of my dreams is to see Guernsey.

    ReplyDelete