Thursday, June 2, 2011

Couponing Progress

It has been a little over a month since I attended the True Couponing workshop. I am happy to report that by using their techniques I have cut my grocery and drug store (excepting prescriptions) bills by 50%.

Unfortunately, in my state (Florida) none of the grocery chains doubles coupons. If they did, by buying BOGOs (buy one get one) and using coupons for each item, I could come close to the results we see on Extreme Couponing. But, I am thankful that I am able to get the savings that I am.

Speaking of Extreme Couponing I am happy to see them using shoppers that are a little less likely to foam at the mouth when discussing their savings. The last two were very likable people that I wouldn't mind learning some shopping tips from. I enjoy the show, but some of their shoppers have made me a little nervous.

One tip I have learned recently is that I can save more money if I shop twice a week. The first shopping trip to buy the sale items listed in the newspaper, and the second trip to buy items that I saw on sale (not listed in the paper) during my first trip. I don't want to carry two huge binders stuffed with coupons; I prefer to only carry the coupons I plan on using.

The second tip is to keep at it. With each week coupon shopping is becoming easier and resulting in more savings. You will spend less time preparing for your shopping trips and cutting coupons as time goes by.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment