Friday, March 9, 2012

CVS Purchase and Shopping Strategy

I don't usually go over my individual purposes, but I wanted to show you an example of my couponing and shopping strategy.

Each week I go to Southern Savers to make out shopping lists for three stores:  Publix, Walgreens, and CVS.  Another good site is The Krazy Coupon Lady.  Here I can print lists that include the coupon matchups to go with each item.

Then I sit down for about 20-30 minutes to clip the coupons I need.  Then I paperclip each stack of coupons to the corresponding list.  I keep the lists in my car, so I can run by the store at my convenience.

Today I stopped at CVS on my way home from dropping DD off at school.  You must have a CVS card to take advantage of their sales.  You can sign up online or in the stores.

When I entered the store I went to the coupon machine and scanned my card.  It printed out three coupons, one which matched some of the items I was purchasing today.  That meant I had both a manufacturers coupon and a store coupon for those items.  Yay, extra savings.

Then I shopped for the items on my list.  All of them were marked down and I had coupons for them.  Here is what I ended up with:



I spent $13.38 for these items, plus I received $11.00 in Extra Bucks coupons, which means I actually spent $2.38 for these products.  Remember that even if an item isn't something that you may use, you can be sure that the local shelter will be happy to have it.

Happy couponing!

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment