Monday, November 7, 2011

What's On Sale In November?

I have been stocking up on baking goods for the last week.  Walgreens has an excellent sale going on for flour, sugar, shortening and chocolate chips.  I need all of these for my holiday baking, so I bought several of each.  Most of them require the store ad coupon, plus you may find some manufacturers coupons out there.  Check on the True Couponing coupon database.





My local natural food store, Nature's Food Patch, has a great sale for the entire month of November for canned pumpkin, canned sweet potato puree and other baking goods.  Their organic pumpkin puree is less expensive than the Libbys at Publix.  Blind Pig And The Acorn has a great recipe for pumpkin bread on her site today.  I love pumpkin bread; it is one of our Fall favorites.


Do you remember that last year at this time there was a pumpkin shortage?  The prices got very high and it seems to me that they just stayed high rather than going back down to normal.  Of course, I am shocked at all of the prices I see nowdays.

Christmas items are going on sale already.  Using a Walgreens store coupon I bought Hallmark wrapping paper for 99 cents a roll.  Not bad at all and the selection is still good.  I need to get our box of wrapping supplies down and see what else we will need for this year.  I bought our Christmas cards at Hallmark after the first of the year, so we are well stocked on those.

At midnight, just as black Friday is starting (day after Thanksgiving), the Apple store puts one item on sale at a deep discount.  Keep an eye out; it might be that big ticket item you can't normally afford.

The holidays can be a stressful time of the year, especially if you are strapped financially.  Remember that the things your family will remember for years are the traditions you celebrate together, not what gifts they received.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment