Monday, October 24, 2011

Bad Coupon Experience At Walmart

I seldom shop at Walmart because I keep having bad experiences at my local store.  Today was the worst.

I had quite a few coupons today (17) for about 22 items.  Some of them were money makers, which was going to allow me to apply the overage to items I didn't have coupons for.

When I handed my coupons to the check out clerk (there was no one behind me) she literally put her head down on the counter and groaned.  She then proceeded to try to refuse about 50% of the coupons, even though they clearly applied to the merchandise I had.  After some argument and the intervention of a floor manager she finally accepted all but two of my coupons.  The only reason she didn't take those two was because I forgot to show them to the floor manager.

You can read Walmart's coupon policy for yourself.  The clerk insinuated that I was unethical for using coupons that created overages, but you see that the store's policy clearly says that they accept coupons that make the shopper money.

Stores need to educate their employees when it comes to shoppers using coupons.  If I can't feel comfortable using coupons in your store I just won't shop there.  The end.

God bless,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize. My local walmart is terrible as well. It's gotten to the point that I avoid that place even for regular shopping. Instead I shop at other local stores where although they may not have an overage policy- they will at least have the items in stock (my local walmart tends to be "out" of a product for weeks at a time!) and the prices actually wind up being cheaper than walmart in the long-run (because walmart is notorious for predatory pricing).
    The Walmart corporation itself is very abusive to it's employees and since the economy has gone downhill so has the quality of walmart's in-house products.

    ReplyDelete