Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year: Frugal Resolution

First of all, I want to share a traditional celebration of Epiphany that takes place in my county every year.  Tarpon Springs is a Greek community and every year they celebrate Epiphany by having the Greek Orthodox, sixteen year old boys dive for a cross that has been thrown into Spring Bayou.  It's a great honor for the young man that retrieves the cross.  I'll put some photos at the bottom of this post.

Here is my resolution for this year:  to give up spending $5.00 at day on some small item.  It could be a caramel latte or lunch at a restaurant, but giving up spending this amount every day can save over $1800 a year.  Pretty tremendous!

Is there a small expenditure in your life that you can live without?  I am sure that we can all stop spending $5 a day.  It seems like such a small amount, but adds up to a considerable savings.

Happy New Year and God bless,
Pam



1 comment:

  1. That is a great resolution... for me, it's maybe not everyday, but when I'm working my temporary job split-shift, my hubby and I will go out for a "quick" lunch, when I could have brought pb and j from home. Thanks for making me think about this... and Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete