Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Amazing Exploding Potato Returns

Many years ago, about twenty, I bought a bag of exploding potatoes.  Obviously, when I bought them I didn't know that they were explosive.  One night I washed some, pricked them with a fork, and stuck them in the microwave to cook.  Within a minute I heard several booms and raced into the kitchen.  I found the inside of my microwave coated with potato guts.

I thought that I had forgotten to put holes in them, so I washed several more, pricked them with a fork and put them in the regular oven to bake.  As I cleaned my microwave, suddenly, there was a loud explosion and I watched the oven door shoot open.  Once again the potatoes had spewed their insides all over the oven.

At this point I gave up and threw the whole bag away.  Now I had two ovens to clean and I was defeated.  I never had it happen again, until tonight.

Yes, twenty years without potato explosions and this evening it happened again.  Out of three potatoes only one blew, but it was deja vu.  Thanks to phones with cameras I have evidence.

Taa Daa!

Before you ask…yes I pricked it with a fork.  I have no idea why this happens.  If anyone one knows, please comment.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment