Saturday, January 31, 2015

Good Reads: The Deep End

The Deep EndThe Deep End by Julie Mulhern
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Deep End is a very well written and professionally edited murder mystery. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down.

The heroine is a country club wife, barely existing while under the thumbs of her philandering husband and manipulative mother. Only her art gives her hope. When she discovers the body of her husband's mistress she becomes the prime suspect in a series of murders. She decides she must solve the murders in order to prove her innocence.

At times I was annoyed with the h's passivity, but she did begin to grow stronger as the plot developed. The secondary characters were interesting, especially the two men that become romantic interests.

The plot was full of twists and turns. It held my interest and at times contained a quirky humor. I didn't figure out who the murderer was until it was revealed.

I highly recommend The Deep End and I look forward to reading more books by this author.

ARC provided by Henery Press via Netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment