Friday, February 21, 2014

Rehabbing The Dooryard Garden

Now that our construction is mostly done it is time to rehab my poor, beaten up dooryard garden.  It's going to be interesting because the basic shape of the garden is changed.  Instead of being a gentle curve, with the new walkway it now has some sharp angles.


As you can see the first thing is to replace the edging stones.  Then it needs a thorough weeding, a complete redo of the micro irrigation system, mulch, and then the fun part, planting.

I need to plan carefully when choosing plants.  I want some low, draping plants to cover the sharp turns the walk makes.  I am also looking for a solar lantern to add some low light to the walk at night.

You will be accompanying me on this project.  Stay tuned for more.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment