Friday, November 8, 2013

Good Reads: Diner Impossible

Diner Impossible  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #3)Diner Impossible by Terri L. Austin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just love the Rose Strickland Mystery series and Diner Impossible, the third book in the series, did not let me down. It is a very well written and well edited mystery with a romantic element.

My favorite thing about this book and the whole series is the heroine, Rose. She is a strong, intelligent, empathetic woman with a strong need to discover the truth in any situation. The truth is important to her because she grew up in a upper class environment where nothing is as it seems. She has left that fake existence behind, at great personal sacrifice, and is forging a new life for herself. I want Rose to be my BFF.

The secondary characters are eclectic and interesting. They have integral places in the plot and are not just in the story to create a distraction.

The mystery was exciting, frightening and kept me guessing. I didn't have any idea who the perpetrator was until the end.

Speaking of endings this one was very unexpected and is not a cliffhanger, but creates the expectation for more fun books in the series. Diner Impossible can be read as a stand alone, but I think you need to read the series to fully appreciate the story.

I highly recommend this book.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment