Thursday, March 14, 2013

Good Reads: Portrait of a Dead Guy

Portrait of a Dead GuyPortrait of a Dead Guy by Larissa Reinhart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book so much. It had some of my favorite things: small southern town, quirky secondary characters, off beat heroine (Cherry) and romance.

The author captured the vernacular of the south without overwhelming the reader by writing the conversations with strong accents or slang. The conversations were hilarious and I found myself giggling out loud.

The mystery involves solving a murder and had enough complexity to keep the reader guessing until the end.

There were several romantic interests for Cherry and one stood out as the main Hero, but they were all strong contenders. I can see romantic conflict happening in future books in the series.

I recommend this book for anyone that enjoys mysteries with amateur, female detectives. I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in this series.

ARC provided by Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment