Thursday, March 28, 2013

Good Reads: Matador

MatadorMatador by Ray Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fascinating book. Once I began reading I could not put it down. It is well written and very well edited, which made the twists and turns of the Matador's (the Hero) thoughts easy to follow.

The author's writing style echoes the disjointed memories of the Matador. He has been shot twice, once in the head, left for dead and has managed to free himself from his grave. With a bullet in his brain he struggles to remember who he is, what is his past and why was he targeted for such a death. As I read I felt as though I was seeing and experiencing the Matador's memories. It was that vivid.

Besides the Matador's experiences, this book also gives us a view of how an influx of English expats in Spain has sullied the traditional culture of the coastal cities, of bullfighting. and the native lifestyle.

I highly recommend this book. Be warned there is graphic violence.

ARC provided by Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment