Monday, December 5, 2022

The Frugal Garden: Nematodes #3

 One of the best ways to fight nematode root knot is by applying beneficial nematodes to your garden soil twice a year.  Specific beneficial nematodes affect specific pests, such as fleas, grubs, tics and harmful nematodes.  Because of this I apply a three part nematode mix from Nature’s Good Guys.


The nematodes will arrive in a cool pack.  Remove the package of nematodes from the pack and immediately place in your refrigerator.  It’s important to keep them cool and apply them within a couple of weeks.

I apply them twice a year, spring and fall.  Mix the nematodes with water and place in a sprayer or watering can.  Pull your mulch to the side and apply the nematodes directly to the soil.  Then water the garden well to move the nematodes deeper into the soil.  Reapply your mulch and it’s that easy!

I have seen a big difference in the health of my plants since I’ve started actively been treating the garden with beneficial nematodes.

My upcoming posts are going to cover frugal Christmas gifts.  I’ve been experimenting with different ideas for gifts and look forward to sharing them with you.

God bless,

Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment