Thursday, February 19, 2015

Good Reads: Swan Dive

Swan Dive (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery #3)Swan Dive by Kendel Lynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Swan Dive is the third book in the Elliott Lisbon mystery series. It is a well written and professionally edited full length novel. While it could be read as a standalone, I suggest reading the series in order to have a full understanding of the characters and their motivations.

In her capacity as the director of the Ballantyne Foundation Elliott is attending a ballet, the Nutcracker Suite, when the lead ballerina is found dead in her dressing room. Elliot is tasked with assisting the police with their murder investigation and is soon embroiled in the world of dance, cooking competitions and botanical poisons.

The plot of Swan Dive is complex, circuitous and fast paced. Once I began reading I didn't want to put the book down. I was put off a bit by Elliott keeping so much evidence and information from the police. It bordered on obstruction.

The ending is a HFN and I look forward to reading future books in this series.

ARC provided by Henery Press via Netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment