Saturday, May 20, 2023

Canning Blueberries

 As I stated earlier I went blueberry picking with my husband and friends.  I picked fifteen pounds of blueberries.  We ate as many as we could fresh, but I wanted to put some by to use in muffins and pie.  Fortunately the upick site has a whole section on canning blueberries.




I gathered my equipment, steam sterilized the jars and started lightly packing the jars with blueberries.  The option I chose was to can them in a light syrup.  I used my steam canner for both sterilizing the jars and processing them.




I ended up with a good supply of canned berries and I decided to use the rest for jam, but that’s another post.




Please note that I haven’t given explicit instructions on canning.  It’s much safer for you to learn from an experienced canner, your local extension office, or a reliable book (such as the Ball Blue books).

God bless,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment