Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Pav Bhaji, a Frugal Recipe

 You know that time of the year when the tomatoes from the garden won’t stop.  This vegetable stew with slightly sweet dinner rolls to sop up the juices is a perfect way to use up tomatoes and any spare vegetables you have lying around.  



I got this recipe from Indian Healthy Recipes and I adjusted it for my family’s taste.  The Pav Bhaji spice mix that I have includes the hot chili, so I didn’t add more.



The dinner rolls are fromSally’s Baking Addiction and this is one of my favorite dinner roll recipes.  This recipe calls for whole milk which I didn’t have on hand, so I added a tablespoon of dried milk to the low fat milk I did have.

Pav Bhaji is a popular street food in Mumbai, India.  Vendors pride themselves on how much butter they use but I was conservative (stingy?) and only used a couple of tablespoons.  Enjoy!


God bless,

Pam

bb65b9cd010b14bc30

No comments:

Post a Comment