Thursday, August 14, 2014

John C. Campbell Folk School Part II

After our week at the folk school we had finished quite a few water color paintings.  We had learned new techniques and were allowed to experiment to our hearts' content.  On the last day there is a get together (show) to allow all of the classes to show off their work.




My birch trees

Other watercolors
Here are some selections from other classes:

Wood carving

Pottery

Wood turning

Automatron

Soapmaking

Stained glass

Bead making

Blacksmithing

Blacksmithing
I didn't get photos of boat making, country cooking and nature photography.  The cooking class served refreshments for the show and nature photography put on a slide show.

Overall, this was a fun trip for my daughter and I.  She's not an extremely social person, but she made some friends and had some new experiences.  The Intergenerational week at the folk school is something I can see us doing again.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment