Sunday, May 11, 2014

Good Reads: The Chase

The Chase (Fox and O'Hare, #2)The Chase by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Chase is the second book in the Fox and O'Hare series. It is very well written and professionally edited. I have read both books in this series and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

The plot is unique. Fox is a con man that has agreed to work with FBI Special Agent O'Hare in order to avoid jail time. They are tasked with bringing down oligarchs that avoid prosecution for their crimes because of their wealth and connections. The interaction between Fox and O'Hare is always interesting, and is sometimes hilarious. Their characters are very much at odds, but they are attracted to each other.

The secondary characters are, well, a bunch of characters. Misfits in their everyday lives, but each brings unique skills to the team. I especially love O'Hare's dad, a retired military officer that specialized in black ops.

The Chase can be read as a stand alone, but I suggest reading the series in order. I am definitely going to keep my eye out for the next book in the series.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment