Saturday, May 4, 2013

Good Reads: Dead Anyway

Dead AnywayDead Anyway by Chris Knopf
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Arthur is a computer geek, analyst, and investigator happily married to a beautiful, business woman. His life is destroyed in the first chapter when a hired assassin attacks them in their home. The rest of the book is a fast moving mystery/romance in which Arthur uses his skills to find the man that ordered the hit on him and his wife.

I was fascinated by this novel, but I am also fascinated by investigative processes. Arthur is a compelling primary character and the story is filled with equally interesting secondary characters. The reading wasn't easy, the story is complex, but it sure was worth the effort. I enjoy a book that challenges my intellect.

This is the first book in a series of three (in keeping with the new fad of three book series). However, it can be read as a standalone as it does not end with a dangling cliffhanger (just a questioning look at the future). I look forward to reading the other books in the series.

Fair warning:  this book does contain violence involving guns.

ARC obtained via Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment