Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Frugal Christmas Cards

I’ve become jaded when it comes to Christmas cards.  Too many Santa’s and elves.  Writing out Christmas cards has become a chore, not a joy.  This year, to bring back the joy and creativity, I decided to design my own cards.

I sketched out a poinsettia on watercolor card stock.  Since I had just purchased an Artezia watercolor  pen set I decided to paint with them.  Much to my surprise there were no cool toned colors, all of them were warm toned and very vibrant.  I ended up with a completely different color scheme than I had planned.

And you know what?  I liked getting out of my comfort zone.  It resulted in a process that made me happy.

Laying out the design







Almost finished!


Now I need to find a reasonably priced printer to transfer the painting onto card stock.  I had fun and am looking forward to sending Christmas cards this year.

God bless, Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment