Saturday, February 23, 2019

Slowing Down And Refocusing

I have been missing in action for nine months now.  It took many months for my husband to recover from his December 2017 heart attack.  He is feeling much better and, with family encouragement, cut down his hours at work to part time.

The rest of my focus was on dear daughter’s accomplishments.  She finished this, senior year, years curriculum as of mid February.  She worked intensely on her subjects, so I was needed more often for instruction.  She has also gotten her driving learners permit, so driving lessons are happening.

And (drum role please) apparently between my last EKG and my most recent one I suffered a “cardiac event”.  So this week the new medical testing begins to figure out how I’ve been affected.  I didn’t miss the irony of me being so busy concentrating on the needs of others that I missed my own heart attack.

So this blog is back on my mind and I’m planning to post about our latest adventures.  We are converting our yard over to all Florida native plants, will be traveling to Korea and Japan, and I’m going to be drafting new patterns to sew daughter a new, more adult, wardrobe.

Front yard grove 4 months old


Take care and God bless,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Just popped by, and look what I missed! Please take care- don’t we mothers/wives push ourselves last. I hope you have a wonderful trip! Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete