Monday, January 27, 2014

Good Reads: Making Faces

Making FacesMaking Faces by Amy Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes I find a book that is so beautifully written it puts tears in my eyes. Making Faces is a story about the heroism of everyday people.

The story centers around several students in a small town high school. Each of them are trying so hard to grow up; some of them do reach towards their full potential, while a few never make it. I guess you could call this a coming of age novel, but it is also a tragedy and a romance.

The two main characters, Ambrose and Fern, are everyday kids, but through their actions and devotion become great. Their love story had me laughing and crying.

Secondary characters are well developed and each fulfill their roles in the story in memorable ways.

I highly recommend this novel. You won't walk away from it untouched.



No comments:

Post a Comment