Friday, February 3, 2012

Homemade Barista Coffee

I refuse to buy the expensive, barista made coffee, but I love the flavor.  I recently learned how to make one version and I thought I would share it with you.  It is delicious, but strong, so one is enough.



Use one of those single serving drip coffee makers.  The plastic kind that you just sit on top of the cup.  Fill the filter with ground coffee (good quality dark) all the way up to almost the top.

Fill your coffee mug about 1/4 full with a flavored eggnog.  Heat in microwave or, even better, with a steamer (if you have one, I don't).

Place coffee maker on cup and slightly wet the grounds with boiling water.  When they have swelled up sloooowly drizzle boiling water all over the grounds until the cup is full.

Stir gently and serve.  What a treat and made for just pennies in your own kitchen.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment